Apr 17, 2009

Don't Know Why

As I sit at my kitchen table surrounded by my sheets that I've hung to dry and icing a huge bruise on my lip that I received as a party foul last night, I can't help but to think about my future. I'm about to graduate, and I have no idea what I'm going to do afterwards. I had this grand plan to move back to France and live an exciting Parisian life. Out of all my friends, I'm the one who didn't apply to a teach-English-in-France program. Merde. As Robert Burns wrote, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." So basically, make sure to have a plan B. This is why I don't make plans and get my hopes up about them because something always goes awry. But I will find my way back to France even if I have to take the zig-zaggy road instead of the straight one.

3 comments:

  1. how did you get a bruise on your lip...did you fall??

    ReplyDelete
  2. so long as you get there is what matters :) plus, if you wait a year you'll have me as a companion cause i'm headed straight there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I really have no idea how I got the bruise...it's really ugly though hahaha and I have this fat lip. I look like I got lip enhancement lmao

    ReplyDelete