Aug 29, 2011

Cover Letter

Dear Travel Industry,

Let me first start off by saying that I'm obsessed with traveling. I think about it all day long. I stalk it on Twitter. I fantasize about the places I could go and the people I could meet.

I am the kind of person you want to hire. I will work for you day and night, think about you when I'm not in the office and crawl out of bed at 4 a.m. when you desperately need me. I am dedicated and passionate and all those other adjectives that cover letters tend to include.

I will come to work with a smile on my face and leave with that same smile.

I will (and already do) encourage everyone to travel, to see the world, to experience a new culture.

Most importantly, I offer a history of results, as evidenced by the following travel-related activities I have accomplished:
  • Born in Sweden (I'm already an EU citizen!)
  • Lived in Stockholm, Arles, Nice, Los Angeles, Lyon and San Francisco.
  • Speak French...fluently!
  • Traveled to 5 out of 7 continents (and have high hopes to visit the other 2).
From what I know about myself, I believe I have the potential to make a great contribution to The Travel Industry.

Thank you very much for considering my application. I look forward to the opportunity to meet with you and further discuss my qualifications.

...Well, actually, just give me the job. I cross my heart that I'll be amazing at it.

Sincerely,

Cat

1 comment: