May 16, 2011

An Animal-Inspired Weekend

This weekend was all about the animals. Of both the furry and the party persuasion.

For a while now, I'd been thinking of volunteering around the city. You know, to do something good for the planet, and to grow my good karma by a few points. I figured I'd be good at doing something eco-friendly and found this non-profit called One Brick. It basically lets you pick and choose what kind of volunteering events you want to participate in. So, I signed up to volunteer cleaning up the San Francisco Zoo for a day with friend and fellow blogger, Kenzie. Even though we were up at the crack of dawn, the hours spent de-weeding went by pretty fast - and One Brick was simple and fun, and the girls running it that day were really sweet (there are pics of us up on their site already which means we're totally official). After the required 3 hours, we were free to roam the zoo before it opened to the public, and got some perks like a free carousel ride and a discount on food, and, well a free day at the zoo and some good karma. I can't wait for the next event!








And on Sunday was the 100th annual Bay to Breakers...and our theme this year: Party Animals. Can you tell what I was? Most likely not since I'm a horrible costume maker. But B and I were My Little Ponies (not cats or parrots). It was a good time, until I got separated from the gang and stood on a corner trying to hail a cab for...ummm..like 2 hours.



Luckily I eventually got home and took a nice long nap!

~C

3 comments:

  1. took a nice long nap and woke up to pink sheets ;)

    <3 B

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! one brick!

    j'aime le foto de le tigre :) (I'm in a french mood now for some reason... ) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. was that even grammatically correct?? haha

    ReplyDelete